View Single Post
      03-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #78
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

Well, I've seen quite a few good points being made, since I posted my novel, lol At the end of the day, competition is always good because it forces both sides to improve and appeal to the consumer. Danil @ shiv, i think your/shiv's idea sounds interesting If Shiv has time, trying out a new tune can probably benefit those of us who aren't planning on getting DR's etc... This is what I love about Vishu, they are really customer oriented, whenever we bring up a question or idea, Shiv usually takes it into account.

The reason I said that maybe Shiv should try different tunes (i.e. with less torque) is that running down a race track w/ stock tires and maybe getting sub-13's will actually impress some of those AA-lovers. Obviously most of us know that Shiv can tune the most power (hp & tq) out of the 335i. Even radgator admitted it b/c he said that "the ProCede would blow away AA from a higher gear pull (60-100mph) since it had more torque".

Maximizing both hp & tq for those who plan on getting DR's, LSD, exhaust and the whole package is definitely the way to go hardcore tunners. However, I believe that there are quite a few people who are just looking into a ProCede and maybe an exhaust or DR's that can give them the best 0-60mph and 1/4 mile run. Therefore, being a good businessman, I think Shiv should take this into account and see what he can modify to improve the track times a bit more for us "novice tunners"

Also, I hope CEA3 does some more runs soon, b/c i think maybe ppl are waiting for him to prove/showcase that Shiv's ProCede can meet or even beat AA's exhaust + tune. This is a reasonable comparison b/c CEA3, I believe has an exhaust, ProCede, and DR's... but his 335i has a MT, so maybe the AMT can shift faster and more consistantly than human... Hehe, Steptronic FTW I'm one of those lazy/novice tunners who wants to get the fastest speed possible (even if it means getting the AMT over the MT), while keeping the car as much of a daily ride as possible, not a track machine, haha
Appreciate 0