Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335ix  [1.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM3M5 View Post
Sounds like you have the dreaded low RPM/idle hiccup. Mine has come back very slightly after changing: plugs, pre-cat O2 sensors, cleaning both MAP sensors, intake cleaning (once when I bought it, once again a year later to see how fast it builds up), cleaning the valve cover internals and cleaning the PCV inside the valve cover, new VC gasket with sealant in the critical areas, and all new injectors. Unrelated items changed are the low pressure pump and low pressure sensor (died).

My plugs are getting long in the tooth for having a Procede and PWM meth for over 16k miles now, so I will try that again. I also have a new Dinan lightened dual-mass flywheel and clutch to go in, but I was incredibly sick over Christmas and all that has been pushed back. The only other thing I can think of is a misfire, or the DME perceives a misfire, due to a worn out springing medium in the DMFW. The very high HP N54s are having a misfire at high load/high RPM possibly due to the dual-mass flywheel, so I am speculating that the DMFW may cause issues at lower RPMs/loads, too. I have 65k miles on mine now.

The one thing that cleared up my idle and low RPM hiccups most noticeably was cleaning the MAP sensors, especially the one in the intake manifold. They get oiled/carbon fouled. Also changing the pre-cat O2 sensors significantly reduced the hiccups, too.

Will BMW perform This Valve cleaning? and if so how will they determine that it need to be done?

I am also planning to install AR DP Cat-less this weekend...Will this affect anything?

Also is there a DIY for MAP sensor cleaning? My car has 38K on it now

Last edited by MSport35TT; 01-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: added comment
Appreciate 0