06-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #7900
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
OK @enrita, help me understand something. I was aware of the LPFP issues before I went E50. not sure if this is all speculation but, this talk about running E40 is max without a lpfp solution is a grey area to me.

my WOT logs with stock LPFP logged 4 line items in the 50's (all rest in 60/70's) but never dropped below 52. Was told its normal to drop below requested PSI @ 72.48.

So does this mean my LPFP is good (for now?). There is just too many problems i have seen/read with a booster pump solution. If my LPFP is running fine, why should i go with a booster pump? Is it just a matter of time before my LPFP takes a dump? Just trying to fully understand the risks involved with my setup.

thanks,

Vince

Log Attached...
IMO if your LPFP is meeting 50psi minimum it's not getting its ass kicked. If it falls below that it'll start to drag HPFP PSI down with it. So if your not running tight on fuel trim, and AFRs look good, I think 50PSI as a minimum LPFP PSI is OK. I've only recently started to mess with E85, but that's what my experience has been.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0