06-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #799
JB335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [7.60]
I still only have 340 miles on the car (even though I've been driving as much as possible). So the extent of my DCT experience is limited.

I can say this though... the DCT is eerily similar to a manual transmission. The rolling back on a hill, the pause when accelerating, and the overall feel of the shifts.

There is a very drastic difference between standard Drive and Sport mode. In casual driving the DCT almost feels like it lags a bit. Not the shifts themselves, but the reaction to change gears.

In Sport mode the DCT is almost telepathic. It's senses every upshift and downshift faster than your body can. Very fast and very fun to drive.

I'll be installing my Rix boost gauge into the car tonight. I'll get a better understanding of the stock boost mapping - even though I can't floor it quite yet.

I've yet to experience sport mode coupled w/ the Sport button. Should be exciting

Another crazy thing is, I probably like the bmw sport exhaust better than my AE performance exhaust. I'm actually selling it if you're interested.
Appreciate 0