View Single Post
      12-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #1212
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Alot of bad vibes going on about Panerai when someone took apart their exclusive Panerai and found a mediocre ETA or Valjoux movement inside of it.

The high end watch companies make their own movements.

That is why Jaeger LeCoultre has such a following cause many of the major watch companies used to get their movements from JLC.

Breitling just started making their own movements for their high end watches recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
should be arriving at the shop in 7-10 days, I'm expecting closer to 10 with New Years on the horizon. Can't wait though!!!

There's a lot to choose from on the market, find one that you are passionate about, don't justify it to anyone but yourself.

I've heard some poor things about Paneri, but it still has a huge following, and does make a great looking piece.

IWC the deal with them is basically go for the Big Pilot only (from reading multiple sources. Basically saying the Big Pilot is the exception, the rest of the line is "just another watch"

The Speedmaster is a great looking watch from all generations. The Speedmaster Professional hand wind is what I have my sights on for the next watch. Very reasonably priced, and nice looking on the wrist. The face is a great size.

Check out the 25 tips list I posted on the previous page or two, might help out with your next purchase.
Appreciate 0