06-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #120
rtjones
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 328i, 1995 VW Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailed Image View Post
All In One Products - This step is used to save time by combining some cleaning or polishing characteristics along with some form of protection. While the results are not quite as good as doing the steps separately, these products save time for people looking for great results in less time.
Hi, and thank you for this very useful information.

I just finished detailing my '99 328i per David's "Detailing 101" thread. Per his suggestions, and using Zaino products, I washed, clayed, Zaino AIO, Z2 sealant, then finished with Z6 quick detailer. Since I then ran out of time, the following weekend (yesterday, actually), I again washed, applied another coat of Z2, then finished w/ Z8 quick detailer.

Even though my paint is 8 years old last month, it looks 1 month old (except for many chips in the front only visible from 2-3 feet, and if you are looking for them). So what process, using what products, would I use in place of the process I outlined? It seems you feel AIO's are somewhat of a shortcut, and I'd like to understand if I'm taking any shortcuts, and how to improve the process I used. Thanks.
Appreciate 0