United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 N52 6MT

Garage List
2010 E70 X5 35d  [10.00]
2011 E90 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roure94 View Post
it is safe deleting the charcoal from the intake? how much money did you spend doing the charcoal delete, cyba scoops and the K&N filter?

Thanks !
Yes, removing the charcoal element is safe. it is an emissions item and not found in the euro box or the performance intake. Follow the DIY posts and you will have no problem.

Cyba Scoops were $41.00 Shipped

K&N filter was a gift but listed at $52.00 on Amazon, I am sure there are cheaper. You can also use either the dry or oiled AFE filters. I prefer oiled for performance as I never really off road my sedan and have always had success with K&N in other cars.

You need torx bits in a couple sizes, 22 & 25 I think. A pin puller or flat nose plyers, a flat head screwdriver and a 10mm socket for the scoops and filter. The scoops take less than 5 minutes to do. The filter takes about 15 because you must remove the whole housing from the car.

For the charcoal delet, I did something complex and different so just follow the DIY, you will need a rotary tool (dremel) with a cutting bit, sanding ring and buffer to make it look pretty. Make sure to remove the MAF sensor from the housing first and don't touch the element or get it dirty.