View Single Post
      02-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

I have a black C63 saloon on 19" multispokes with the very pale cream leather (could be mistaken for white) - I believe it's called Alpaca. I'm very fond of this combo as a lot of cream interiors often include off-white plastics/carpets, which IMO look awful - this one ticked the box for me because it was just the seats and the middle of the door panel that are cream coloured - the rest is black.

That said, I had red leather in my E92 so I'm absolutely not averse to a red interior - quite the opposite, I loved mine in the BMW. I have a pre-2011 facelift car, so red wasn't an option then - it was black or Alpaca. My only reservation to white now is it has been popular again since early 2007 - will it still be 'the colour to have' 2 years into your lease? Or will you wish you'd gone for the black?

As for the wheels, I think they make the car - they certainly show off the brakes better and allow for a greater visual differentiation from lesser models that are fitted with similar wheels and an AMG trim level. I don't think the standard 5 spoke rims do much for the car.

One option to think about would be to spec the car with standard wheels and then source a s/h set of the 19's. Sell your 18" tyres with next-to-no miles on and then use the 18's for winter wheels. At the end of your lease you'll have a set of 19's to sell, which will have been cost neutral for the period of ownership (instead of paying for them but never owning them, as an option, over the duration of the lease).

As per what others have said, I wouldn't tick the PPP box (you can remap to 520bhp if you feel shortchanged on the power front) but I will respectfully disagree with Chris and Peter on the LSD; 460bhp and 440lbft is a ridiculous amount of power to put the an open diff and silly-thin 255 rear section tyres.

My car is without locking diff and is my only regret in its spec. My car spends waaaaaay too much time with the traction light on and one wheel trying to spin (and I don't drive like a dick head. Well, not much). At worst case scenario (if the diff adds nothing to the cars RV) you will be paying £36/month per £1,000 of options (assuming a 3 year lease). Assuming a locking diff is a £1,500.00 that's going to add £54/month worst case scenario to your monthly cost. With hindsight, I'd add that in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0