11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #23
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
The way this thing effortlessly sling shots away from traffic using only a few thousand rpms of powerband is eerie. So I guess this thing makes 425lbs of torque at only 1750rpm? This car is really a blast to drive around town! Bet this magazine testers had no idea how fast this car is taking off in 2nd gear either. They probably take off in 1st gear, and let the traction control slow down the car's 0-60mph times.

There are so many glowing reviews. You have got to read this one I came across. Its from just a few months ago by a Washington Post columnist. And he has been testing just about every kind of car in the last 40+ years:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082702500.html
It really is and it does it very quietly too. First time i drove it i was shocked and i didn't even open it up because traffic was heavy. I love how the tires spin from a hard first gear launch. everyone who drives it loves it. whats not to love about it, performance and efficiency.

I just hate the power drop off in the top end. Its something to get used to. I guess we're used to that linear power all the way up that keeps goin till shift. Just have to be careful.

I'll post pics soon but I hate that we dont have an LSD, i also hate the electric nanny's. i was foolin around w/ some friends burnin up some winter tire rubber. My first attempt was a simple brake stand in D so i guess the car used second gear and it did a decent burnout, lots of smoke but only one wheel lit up. i held it for a while, left a 14' streak of one wheel rubber and then the car shut off on me, (DSC was inactive) I tried it again this time putting the car in first gear and it spun both tires but it cut the throttle before i could put down any rubber.
Appreciate 0