01-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #90
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
You got to remember at end of the day its a big engine and on the motorway you are using momentum to keep you going thus using less fuel. Whereas about town you are stopping and starting and you require a lot of energy to move off again hence use more fuel

Im not very good with physics but hope above very loosely explains why mpg drops in town

Just double check your red boost pipe for any oil and and tray below for anysigns of oil. When my red pipe was leaking oil my mpg dropped to 24mpg around town...

dont take it the wrong way but around town are you booting it everywhere, pedal to the metal style?
I understand that town driving causes less mpg figures. I was just wondering why mine goes to 20-25, when others' are 30-35 in town (you and awbimmer).

The first few days i was booting it like you say and was getting 20 but recently i have just been driving normally, in town (very stop start), and i'm getting 25. By normal i mean sticking to the speed limits and not accelerating fast (very hard to do this).

I will double check that again and will take some pictures for you. I hope you're right and it turns out to be the red hose.
Appreciate 0