View Single Post
      02-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #42
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubulup View Post
I was granted a 100k mi/ 7 year bumper to bumper warranty...includes NAV; not sure what platinum/gold/etc model it was. I was told it was roughly a $4200 value and I was offer extended maintenance at cost...$1900 out of pocket, which I haven't taken them up on.

my car was in the shop for over 120 days, inside sources tell me it was due to BMW not wanting to pay for the carbon build up issues.

They offered to buy it back for $19k and put me in a 328d for $500 over their cost...which means I would have spent close to $80k in 36 months to be in an entry level BMW.

Since the return of my car, it has been pretty flawless...passenger headlight failed (replaced under warranty)...no SES, and managed 40mpg on a 300mi trip.

come 2017 when warranty is up, I'll off load and never buy another BMW...amazing how they don't hold any value, even while still under warranty.
I just talked to BMW NA 5 minutes ago and when I asked for the details, she said they are only offering a maintenance plan. That is unacceptable. I have 4 invoices from the dealership that say "couldn't figure out what was wrong" while it was under warranty. They are replacing an engine that they broke and acting like that is some big favor.
Appreciate 0