United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBOOSTU View Post
dude im having the same problem i cant peak boost over 10psi
last night i did full throttle and went into limp mode i replaced my spark plugs, recently
have a jb4 , rissland racing downpipes,
I have 6 new OEM plugs & sockets and I planned on doing it a couple months back. I'll knock those out and report back. But I have a feeling they aren't that, as the codes don't really pertain to cylinder misfires or such.

But my plugs do have over 30K on them so it's about time I swap them out anyways. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgop335 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried replacing all vacuum lines? didnt see it in the post.
Which vacuum lines are you referring to? I have read somewhere that I should probably take a look at the boost solenoids or the solenoids that control the wastegates themselves. But I am not quite sure of the procedure or where to locate those lines in the engine bay itself.

Any to everyone else of e90post, any other suggestions?

I am puzzled because sometimes it works fine too. Like I did a few hard Stage2+ Drive pulls today and it didn't pop. But I can still get it to limp every so often when I romp on it.

If I am driving normally or not boosting very hard, everything seems golden. The car drives fine and idles/runs just fine. Boost comes on strongly and everything seems working as it should.

I replaced the Charge Pipes Boost Sensor (MAP) sensor with a new one and sometimes I still get the code to pop!

Maybe I need to replace the the wire that plugs into the MAP sensor itself. Where does the wire run from and how can I go about replacing it just for peace of mind?
There's a thread on here where the all the vacuum lines shown in detail, on phone so can't link, but if you search for 'vacuum lines' should come up. There's a number of lines, if your over 70k I would just replace all of them to start. If that doesn't fix it, you can start looking deeper.