View Single Post
      03-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #58
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The idea is to create a China-only brand aimed at developing car markets.
I do not know if Bimmerpost checked out the Qourus cars @ Geneva?
But in them you truly have the progression of a quality made product from a Chinese manufacture even though they are based across town from us in Munich and feature ex BMW designers and executives in their management.

The Quros cars were actually quite surprising. Quality was good and design was completely individual many thought and myself too due to the proposals at Geneva that this could be that breakthrough brand that finally unites western buyers with Chinese made cars.

The plan is to use existing platforms in this case the X1 to build a new brand aimed at Chinese customers , they will not be re-badged BMWs and they will be distanced from the BMW brand like MINI and Rolls-Royce are. And will be entirely for China only.

BMW not only build cars in China but they also have specific variants such as the best selling 3er and 5 er Li - think of the 3er GT as the western equivalent of the 3er Li.
BMW also plan a first for the market with an extended BMW X1 as well as an extended 1er GT.
Attached Images

Last edited by SCOTT26; 03-10-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0