nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriston View Post
From what I understand, you cannot import/register a salvage / rebuilt title car into Canada. That includes flood damaged. You can however buy it for parts.
Fire and flood damage, yes, you can only import into Canada for parts.

In Ontario, all other "salvage" branded cars can be imported and have to go through a structural inspection test at a licensed inspection center. RIV allows one year for you to get a salvage car road worthy.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...g/faq.shtml#a2

Quote:
D. Out-of-Province Vehicles
1. My vehicle has a brand in another jurisdiction. Now I want to register it in Ontario. What will happen?

Vehicle brand information from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be carried forward when these vehicles are registered in Ontario with the exception of the "Rebuilt" brand. Imported vehicles with a Rebuilt designation or its equivalent from other Canadian or US jurisdictions will be registered as "Salvage" in Ontario thus requiring them to undergo a structural inspection to ensure that the vehicle has been properly repaired before being branded as "Rebuilt" in Ontario.

2. My vehicle has been branded in another jurisdiction and identified as having fire and/or flood damage. Now I want to register it in Ontario. What will happen?

Ontario has expanded its recognition of brands for imported vehicles. The brand of “irreparable” will be applied to all imported branded vehicles previously identified with “fire or flood” damage regardless of the brand identified on the title. For example, if a customer has a Certificate of Title or other acceptable proof of registration with a brand of “salvage” and a description of “flood damage or fire damage”, it must be branded as “irreparable”.
Appreciate 0