View Single Post
      12-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
I'm not implying its loud...i'm just saying for a daily driver everything is loud if it was you'd eventually know what I meant
Gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I had downpipes on my 135i, didn't think it was particularly loud at cruise with stock exhaust.

The 335i E90 feels like a muted luxury sedan, it had some semblance of an exhaust note once I put the downpipes in. Otherwise, it's so quiet. I don't care either way as long as it doesn't either sound like a fart can or drone at cruise. I just want more power!
Yup, get rid of the secondary cats and resonator. Car def spools up faster, lag has been minimized for SURE. DDef get some more kick aswell that i can feel. Worth every penny, and now my car can be heard like it has some kind of power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaifaun View Post
great news, yeah i think i should take your advice and remove it all in 1 go so that way, when i reinstall it a few years later, there won't be that many welds on it...

do you think the dealer will hassle you for taking out the cats? especially on a lease...

i really do love the sound though so get more videos today! preferably outside vids.

does your car now sound like this e92? with all the sexy burbling.
Def do both at once. I bought a used stock exhaust for 120 bucks! So if i got warranty issues or wanna return/sell the car, bolt the stock exhaust back up!
posting video now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantm3 View Post
Sounds even better than e92 with katless downpipes, I was there when he got it done, sounds nice at wot
thanks alot man! def loving the sound.
Appreciate 0