View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 07:27 AM   #80
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by htt760 View Post
What we are starting to find out through other threads is having a flash is conveinant, fast, easy and very user friendly. Now like the post said, the Flash is a generic map that is utilized with many vehicles = Safe, Generic and may not perform to the best of its ability.

The Flash's and Flash Tuner's, unless dyno tuned will never perform to the optimal capability of the car, which is always safe but to us car guys is not the same. Following up with other Threads, these flashs have the capability of returning it back to stock parameters, but BMW is smart and have in essence a "black box" that records valuable information. This information CAN NOT be erased or even tampered with. So raising BOOST will be recorded in the "black box", if they wanted to pull that information for whatever reason.

GIAC just ran into a problem trying to reload the factory files back into the DME but with the new BMW update means a new part number was issued for that DME...
If the black box theory is true, every tune will be recorded, not just flashes. My car has been to the dealer many times with the flash and never had a issue. Flashes are attractive to me because the DME works like it was designed to, can there be more power? Probably, and as this platform evolves you will most likely be able to get a custom flash for your car at the shop. Cobb is already talking about offering that.

GIAC will crack the new file as soon as they get there hands on a DME that has it, no big deal. I know of at least one of the GIAC guys owns a 335, I was told i'm actually running the same Stg 1 map/software as he is.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0