View Single Post
      04-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #97
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

i got a kit out of an e90 for my 1er, it was already activated for the e90 and that confused my radio into reading that pre-activated VIN as if it were for my car and hence it works. here's what you need- the FZD- overhead console, the microphone, the TCU, if you find a used already activated one it may be more plug and play, an antenna and the bracket for the trunk. plug them all in and follow the factory instructions for the install and the fiber optic cable switch and it should work. if you get a NEW tcu, then you'll need to have the dealer code it- this is where some have had trouble with dealers not being able to do this all that well. they should be able to figure it out with time though.

roveractive is expensive but it should have all the parts you need. if you want assist then the coding and install gets a little more complicated I think.

I would suggest searching on ebay for the complete kit, preferably one that was working and taken out of a wrecked car while working, that's how I did it- except it was out of a trade in, got the whole kit for $366! of course I have no assist, but I can call the assist ppl with the button, they just dont recognize me- not a big deal for me
Appreciate 0