View Single Post
      08-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #65
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Peter, my dad has an X5 40d SE Dynamic pack facelift which will be 3 yrs old end of year. He drives normally and 30 mpg is what it does, its a fair tank of a car and cannot say I like it much but admire what it can do. I am guessing he will buy the new one end of year or start of next when M sport or Dynamic 40d equivalent comes out.

If you are not using the 640d well it's dead money so that has to go and if it has to be a BMW then X5 or a 5 series touring seem your only option. If you can get shot completely a Skoda Superb Estate could be an equally good and cheaper option and new / next to new in comparison.

I guess the 6er never really floated your boat due to work commitments and time. My assumption with no disrespect is it's a bit of a dull old barge and the price per month for an expensive car was a big draw rather than stopping and thinking am I going to really enjoy driving this car.

Hope all goes well on the car search and looks like you are trying to get the best fit for current circumstances which is clearly the right way to go.