View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 01:01 AM   #20
Jsilver05
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

HELP ***07 BMW won't start -Saga continues .....

UPDATE 02/24 ********

So here is the latest......
I got up this morning and the car "woke up" meaning all lights came on when I opened the door. It started right up and I was enroute to local BMW service shop(not Dealer). I had to stop for gas... and was feeling confident. So I pulled in and pumped my gas. Then..... it didn't start, no lights, no dash, no light by gear shift, nothing....
So I was stranded once again. Waited awhile and tried again hoping that maybe it would wake up, but never did.
Ended going to Infiniti Dealership to have a coming to Jesus meeting with him. He was actually pretty receptive. I told him, they can have the car back and I'll get something comparable on their lot. BUT I'm not putting another dime out on this car!!!!

He suggested getting it to BMW Dealership, let them diagnose and have the Service Advisor call him with findings. Then we would go from there! Don't know if that translates to "we'll pay for it!" or not though. Only good thing today was that BMW Roadside covered my towing to Scottsdale!!

I find it hard to believe that no one has ever had this problem!! Crazy ... maybe I should go buy some lottery tickets!!

I do not have Comfort Access, so I can't change battery in remote. For the cars without CA, you have to replace the whole slide key at $236.86. But at this point... I would welcome spending only $200 bucks to fix it.

Should know more tomorrow..... I'll be sure to share!! Hopefully, I won't be asking for donations!!! LOL....

Thanks.
Appreciate 0