View Single Post
      07-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #3
johnfkitchen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 323is & 330i

Here is an update. I'm suffering from the result of over-optimistic estimation of delivery times, which is costing me in car rental.

Based on communication of a 6/6 production complete date, I asked how long after that would I wait to get the car, and was told "three weeks". Reality is over 5.

I asked how long after the car arrives at the dealer would I wait to take delivery, and was told one or two days. Now I'm told that the registration process can't even START until two days after arrival, since the Certificate of Origin normally does not arrive until 2 days after the vehicle does. To that time you have to add more to allow for the fact that DMVs don't work on weekends. So ask the questions carefully, people!

Good news is that they are TALKING about a loaner - I will hear later today. It requires management approval. BTW - I have already PAID for the car to expedite the process, but they don't know when it will arrive - it's on a truck somewhere. The whole BMW tracking process is broken from beginning to end. Great cars though!

UPDATE: Faith in the dealership has just been given a boost.

The good news is that I am now driving a loaner. It's a 325xi with 130 miles on the clock. Very nice even if it's not an E90!

1998 323is SP manual with all the goodies in ArktisSilber + 330i auto SP PP CW iDrive/Nav SatRadio Active Steering Arktis/Beige/Poplar

Last edited by johnfkitchen; 07-09-2005 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: Added information about loaner
Appreciate 0