View Single Post
      02-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Evochuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus321 View Post
Just found out I have 2 bleeder nipples and I only did the ones on the outside...will that make a huge difference? I have never owned a BBK before. When I bleed do I do both? In which order?

From StopTech manual:

Note: The calipers and lines will need to fill with fluid, quickly draining the master cylinder reservoir. Keep a close watch on the fluid level when initially bleeding the system. Do not allow the master cylinder reservoir to run dry, and to draw in air. Doing so may result in the brake system needing to be serviced by a certified brake technician.

Bleed the brake system, using an 11mm box wrench, to loosen the bleed screws. The sequence for bleeding the brakes should be:

1. Right outboard bleed screw
2. Right inboard bleed screw
3. Left outboard bleed screw
4. Left inboard bleed screw

Though a torque wrench is not typically used on bleed screws, as a reference, the torque for bleed screws should be approximately 100-140 lb-INCH.

After initially bleeding the system, gently tap the caliper body with a mallet to dislodge any small air bubbles, then re-bleed the brakes.

After bleeding, apply constant pressure to the brake pedal, and check all connections - including the bleed screws, and both ends of the brake line - for leaks.

Warning: Brake fluid will damage most painted surfaces. Immediately clean spilled brake fluid from any painted surface, including the caliper. Though caliper paint is designed to resist harsh chemicals, prolonged exposure will damage the finish.
Appreciate 0