07-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #80
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I disagree but I'm the minority on this...I admit. No big deal....to each his own..nice SRT BTW...I love those. And we have the same truck so no need for hard feelings....I just love arguing about this topic...cause I think most people are mis-informed about weather/temp/humidity/etc. Most people just say what they've heard....or go by a "visit" to these places instead of living there. I know I haven't lived in Houston so maybe I'm somewhat off the mark. But I have lived in a lot of hot climates. And to me, spending long periods of time outside playing sports....the temperature is what the body cares about...not index or humidity. Again, I'm talking ALL DAY..not for an hour or so. If anything humidity helps the body stay cooler and at least you know you're dehydrated. After playing ball outside all day in 105+, I could not walk at the end of the day. Playing outside in 95+ humid as hell all day, I was fine at the end of the day. The humidity was more annoying I guess. But that's what is...annoying. Your car doesn't know what humidity is or what an index is. It's meaningless. It only knows temperature. There's a reason all the houses are stucko out there and there's barely any vegetation. It's FUCKING HOTTER than anywhere else in the country and it hardly EVER rains. Believe me, you talk to people that live out there and most avoid being outside during the summer more than we do out here. It's unbearable in Phoenix when they get spurts of 110+ for weeks...dry or not.

AND it's the summer as a whole that I think is SO much worse out in the desert. They get 100+ EVERY single day for at least 4 months without a drop of rain. And it stays over 100 as long as the damn sun is out. At least in Houston or many other places out here....you get breaks from the heat (usually) with some rain or in the mornings/evenings. That's the thing that drove me crazy out there. By the beginning of Oct...it was still over 100...I just wanted to kill somebody by the end of the summer there.

But hey....some people (maybe most) just hate humidity so much they will always think it's worse. I just prefer the summers here cause at least if we can get some rain in the summer, it brings the temps down so you can deal with the heat....like this year for example. Out there...they never get that.

And I spent the summer in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I have felt 130 degrees before. And it was dry as hell. But I guarantee you...anyone would take anything Houston can dish out over that. That was seriously brutal. Saudi was over 115 every day. We really don't even know what heat is compared to those places....they laugh at humidity.

/thread

Last edited by gizmo335i; 07-25-2012 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0