07-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #88
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbad335 View Post
This is the same type of ill-considered, impulsive comment I was getting on the previous thread when I had noticed the discrepancy between the text and the actual map setting. I'm not confused, and don't need to wait for an "idiot-proof" feature. I just wanted to clarify what the default setting was supposed to be, as it was different than the accompanying text on Vishnu's website.
Sorry there. Did not intend to imply you are confused nor did I imply you are an idiot. I simply made a an observation that an autotune would be less confusing because everyone knows it will auto-adjust as necessary. And who reads documentation? Not 90% of end users. I know, I am a software engineer, and there are studys that prove this. That is regardless of how good or easy the documentation is. So, you need to "idiot-proof" everything as much as possible. No implication that anyone is an idiot. It refers to simple user interface design that lends itself to obvious operation with no need for manuals...