12-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #1479
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Hi Greg,

I was wondering what the best way to clean snow off the car would be? We've been pretty lucky in CT so far with no snow, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Thanks for the help.
I live in NY and I know what you mean, besides that Oct snow storm we've been very lucky, however as you stated it just a matter of time. It's critical to remove the snow so you can drive safely but hopefully you can do so in a manner that doesn't harm the exterior finish. The first thing I do is turn on the car, so if you have a remote starter it's a great time to use it. I prefer to put the heat on the front windshield right away and turn on any defrosters you might have. Try not to use a broom, brush or scrapper directly on your vehicle whenever possible. I then use a brush to remove the heavy snow leaving about .5 - 1 inch of snow on top of the paint. I then let the car continue to warm up and that layer usually melts away before driving. In the winter months I will back my car in to my driveway sometimes so the sun hits the front windshield and melts faster. Giving yourself enough time to let the car warm up is really important because if you're in a rush this is tough to do. While preserving the paint is very important it should never come before driving safe so always make sure the snow is removed to a point where you will be driving safely.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0