View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #27
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

I'm looking to do my suspension with coilovers next Friday. I've heard several opinions, each with people saying good and bad. I want to know which would fit my needs the best. Thx

I have an e93 335i. I'm looking for something that will give me the max handling with minimal degradation of ride comfort. I live in Florida, mostly smooth roads. I have stock sport suspension. I'm also planning on M3 front control arms and M3 subframe and control arm bushings, and a WaveTrac LSD with Defiv Fabrication rear lockdown. I am not looking to lower much if any past stock sport suspension level. Maybe 1" max in front, 1/2" rear. I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/35-19 front and 275/30-19 rear. FINAL OBJECTIVE IS TO OUT HANDLE A LAST GENERATION M3 OR CURRENT M4 WITHOUT HAVING A HARSH RIDE.

I've looked at the following
Bilstein B12 pro
BC Racing BR
KW V2
KW comfort street.

All are in the budget.
-Bilstein has the most recommendations so far. Most say very comfortable but handling may be less than others.
-BC was recommended by my installer. It has a mix of good and bad but he says as good as the others and it's based in my town and he has a relationship with them. If I have any problems or want any changes he can get it done fast and easy.
-KW both look good. But their descriptions of these suck. Hard to tell how they compare to each other or the other brands based on general adjectives vs say a rating scale for different characteristics.

Anyway, I need to decide ASAP. Any feedback at all is welcome. No, I don't want HR, Koni, ST, etc. Thx.
'08 e93 AW 335i 6MT,Vargas Stg 2+ 20T clipped,VRSF catless dps & 7"FMIC,ER chargepipe&Tial, MMP inlets&outlets,Motiv Stg 2 fuel rail&dual disc clutch/fly, JB4G5,MHD w/Motiv tune,Fuel-it Stg 3 LPFP,Wavetrac LSD w/lockdown, KwV2,M3(Strut brace,frt control arms,steering wheel)AKE blk sub bush,re11 245/305,19x8.5et30&19x11et43,SmartTop,RE trans mounts,Msport rear bump & skirts,15%tint,ZSP knob,Stoptech rotors,241k miles
Appreciate 0