12-31-2010, 10:53 PM   #93
Yogijet
Captain
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_loft View Post
That is true with every automatic or DCT in automatic mode. A computer is programmed to do the switching for you and computers don't have eyes or the situational decision making of a driver. Some systems may be more attuned compared to others, but that's why sport autos allow you to put it into manual mode. Is the IS-F dual clutch or a conventional automatic? The IS-F regardless of it's numbers is not my cup of tea when it comes to looks. Vertically stacked tail pipes
You know, the searching is not so much the fact of it's being an automatic, and I think it is a conventional auto if I remember correctly, but because it has all of 8 gears! It always seems to want to shift and the engine tone which is nice is changing so much, it sounds like part of an orchestral piece. The step in my 135i seems to be always in the right gear for the situation in both regular D and sport auto DS mode. The DCT should be even better.

BMW Performance Exhaust, Michelin Pilot Supersports F-225/40, R-255/35, BMW Performance Suspension, BMW Performance black kidneys, Quaife LSD, M3 rear sub-f bushings, M3 front control arm, rear guide rod and rear upper link kits, BMW Performance cross-drilled/slotted rotors, AFE Cold Air Intake.
Appreciate 0