View Single Post
      09-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #87
fulcrum
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92,F22, F36, G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopersim View Post
A dismal effort from BMW UK Customer Services AGAIN, this is the second email I've sent, with a typical response from them:

"Dear ******

Thank you for your further email dated August 23, 2012. I am sorry that you have had cause to contact us again regarding articles you have seen online. I can certainly appreciate your concerns.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to send us the information you have seen. I can advise that your comments have been duly noted under case reference number 1-***********.

I understand that you are considering removing the OBD port from your vehicle. BMW UK would not advise of this change as it is an EU requirement to have the port accessible in the passenger compartment. The warranty of your vehicle may also be affected by the change.

I can confirm that all software updates are performed by out network of BMW Approved Dealerships. I would advise you to visit your nearest dealership as they can confirm if an update is available for your vehicle. Please note that any software updates are chargeable to the vehicle owner. Your nearest dealership can be found by using the dealer locator on our website. I have included the link for your convenience:

http://www.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/dealerlocator/

Once again, thank you again for your email. Please be assured of our ongoing investigation into this matter.

Yours sincerely"

I'm waiting for the call back from the dealer (placed call at 1040 this morning, and nothing) I've also spoken to an Indy in Sheffield, who'd not heard anything about this problem, even his electrician was scratching his head when I explained, and he reckoned it wasn't possible to steal a car this way!
There is an update but only for X5 and X6 - I asked
Appreciate 0