VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
+1 to know.

I have seen people moving to Helix DSP lately.
How would you compare Helix Vs MS-8 Vs Bit one?
MS-8: Bluetooth echo problems, big and near impossible to fit into a stealth install, breaks the fader, unreliable in the field. Auto-tune seems to be questionable in the midbass for many E90 owners on this forum.

Bit one: can work really well, not cheap. In situations where you NEED the DRC, it's a very nice controller. IMO there is no need for a DRC in E90 installs, even with the Toslink input and the DA2, since volume is supported in SPDIF. Will auto-correct an electrical signal, but this capability is useless in HiFi cars, and useless in Top HiFi cars if DA2 is being used. Nice PC SW.

Helix: smaller, fits into tight spots, no DRC-type controller, parametric EQ for better tunability, not as much money. Allows weighted summing so more bass is derived from front channels. Has variable phase to sub channel. Nice SW, I like it a lot. Easier to get voltage preamp drive out from Toslink out than B1.

Bit one is a pretty old design now and there are many things EM Italy wants to do to the next generation.

Ctuna, those are Maestro of Germany. They are better sounding than the Jehnert, but rumors about them "dropping in" to E90s are great exaggerations. They are more costly even before the enclosure mod, so we are only using them in the Level Three right now. If you are interested I can see about sending a modded set of enclosures for you to test.
Appreciate 0