04-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #48
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
Just to be clear, I stated that I would not accept tyres that were older than three months at the time of fitting, I did not say they were only a few months old.

The tyres have done 7600 miles, and were made in Week 3, 2011.

What you lot over the pond need to remember, is that over here we have things called bends, and lots of them, (my tires get a hard time, as the heavily feathered edges show). We don't all have arrow straight roads, with no need to turn the steering wheel for 6 hours

Anyway all I was trying to do was prevent someone having an accident, and all I am getting is flamed and comments implying I have crap equipment and over inflate my tyres.

Some of you know what I did for a living, and I feel that I am probably one of the better "qualified" on here to comment on tyres, car set-up and handling.

Feeling a little unloved here chaps .
No worries, I don't have a dog in this fight accept that I am watching it close because I've been planning on putting the same or similar rubber on my car when it arrives. So that's why my nose is in here.

And I appreciate the humor, but you do know that all of the US is not Texas right? AND even in Texas it's not all ruler straight. You do actually get that right? We've got roads all around the country that could be described as epic. Here in Washington state, I can spend 8 hours in a big loop from the Seattle area hit not one straight road, and spend all day playing on twisty mountain roads with NO speed cameras, No Cops, No Traffic...

While our automotive legacy witnesses more of an Interstate or Motorway focus (arrow straight few curves), there's a reason we buy so many foreign cars. Oh and of course, Ford Pickup Trucks.

I apologize if I offended, I'll buy you a pint next time I'm over there, still got family in Aberystwyth. So I'm over there every once in awhile.