View Single Post
      09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
AndyR83
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i FBO

I'm having a problem trying to code my car

Hello,

I'm trying to learn to code my E92. I have a cable and just got my laptop in the mail today (running Win-7 Pro 32 bit.) I have been following this PDF guide and using this FAQ thread to guide me. I have successfully completed steps up to and including #37. After that, I have an issue.

Step 38: As directed, I press F1 then F3. The guide states I will be taken to a menu where I sleect my chassis type. This does not happen. Instead, I get the menu where I pick "CAS." When I do so, I get this error:

I assume it must be reading something, since the VIN number populates in the field you can see in the screenshot. What am I doing wrong here?

I have tried unplugging and re-plugging both ends of the cable, removing the key and restarting the entire process from scratch, restarting the laptop, and all the common troubleshooting stuff one might think to try in this situation. I can't think of anything else to try.

EDIT: I just saw the sticky thread that specifically states not to post screenshots of error messages. Trying to get my error log to post, sorry about that!

Last edited by AndyR83; 09-04-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Appreciate 0