View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #36
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliditude View Post
Keep in mind that the S5 is mainly a rival against the regular 335i, to begin with. However, looking at the price, it fits both the i and iS categories. The iS will be better handling on a track, but the Quattro of the S5 will make it much better in weather conditions; it is also a bit more comfortable on the road, and more GT-feeling, so to say. If buying new, I'd personally go with an S5--or, within the same price range, a brand new, M-sport 335i sedan (F30), which is about faster than even the outgoing E92 iS. Both the current S5 and 335i are the outgoing models of their generation, so either wait for the new Audi or get a new 335i M-sport (it offers more horsepower over the standard F30). Unless, that is, if you're wanting the coupes. Test drive both rivals. That will be more than a thousand descriptive posts. Both cars are fantastic in their own regard, and both cars can and will be argued over each other. Here, of course, more people lean to the iS, because after all, this is a BimmerForum
There is a lot of @#$%^&* written in your post:
Why is the S5 mainly rival to the 335i and not to the IS??? Price, HP, Performance, Equipment...all is closer to the 335IS.
F30 335i Sedan is NOT faster than the e92 335IS, where do you get your info???

Does the F30 M-Sport really get a HP boost over the standard F30 335 Sport??? I would be surprised if true...
Appreciate 0