11-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
bobchuong58
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by stankiyota View Post
I have 2008 E93 with the rain sensor and solar stripe windshield.

I had three stars from stones hitting over the years, used the resin repair before to try to keep them at bay. Finally this summer one of them turned into a full blown 20 inch crack on the windshield. Time to replace.

Called my BMW dealer, $1300. Called Safelite, $640.

Then, I called the auto club, AAA Glass Service. They quoted $372!!! That has to be using chinese plate glass right? How could they be so low? Well, I quizzed them and they assured me that they use OE glass and OE parts to replace. So, I scheduled.

Long story short. The guy shows up on time with a Pilkington windshield identical to replace my cracked BMW Pilkington windshield except no BMW logo on it and original from the dealer BMW OEM support frame and reveal molding!

So, for $372, they replaced my windshield with Pilkington OE glass and BMW OEM parts. Wow am I happy with the workmanship of the install and the parts used.

They also include for the price...

- sales tax
- AAA Members Only Coverage – If anything happens to glass within 1 year. Replacement - $95.00 Repair - $39.99
- Lifetime Warranty on Workmanship. (Air Noises, Water Leaks, Molding Lifting’s, Stress Cracks)
- No travel extra fee because I live in the country (Western Loudoun County)
- Disposed of the old windshield
- Transfer of all stickers onto new windshield

Thought I would pass this good news story on in case you need a new windshield!!!

Stan
How about the condensation sensor in the sticker? Did it work correctly?
Appreciate 0