View Single Post
      05-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Just got back from a 1500 mile round trip to the Tail of the Dragon!

Pretty damned exhausted right now but I figured I'd throw up a shot or two to make sure I stay focused on editing and keeping this thread updated.

My fiance and I just got back from an awesome trip down to Asheville, NC with the local BMW CCA chapter to visit the Tail of the Dragon, the Biltmore Estate (such an amazing place), etc.

Had an amazing time including a private party at BMW of Asheville. I have a ton of photos to edit as well as a few video's of runs on the dragon.

Since last fall the M3 really hasnt seen much use....its been in rebuild mode doing a full suspension and front/rear subframe tear down and upgrade. I put in front GC camber plates, turner rear spherical control arms, square 255 PSS setup, corner balance........basically its a new car at this point. Prior to leaving the car spent ~ a month at a local shop getting a much larger intercooler installed as well. The end result was a fantastic car to drive and it was dead reliable, not one mechanical issue in over 1500 miles and many many many hard corners and WOT runs around the NC and TN areas. Its time to rotate the tires lol.

Many thanks to a lot of local friends who helped me even during their busy schedules to get the car ironed out. Certainly a big thanks to the entire Bimmerforums FI crew as well....over the past 4 years you all have been an enormous help!

two shots for now......many more to come I promise.

At the Biltmore. We got there very early for a special group shot in the front of the estate......I will post that up once edited.

On the way down the Blue Ridge Parkway not far from the location of the Top Gear episode........i'll just say that we didnt go as slow as they did.....

================================================== ===========

Finally uploaded more. a good half of my photos are missing at this point, clock on the Nikon was off and now I cant find them in my 50,000 photos on Lightroom.

We all met up at IHOP just south of DC at 6am last Wednesday. the loan waitress was a weeeeeee bit overwhelmed.

A few hours down the road

bombarding a NC Shell station

Rolling down 95

HillBilly Hideaways in NC for lunch, cool place and good BBQ! The country music fan in me was loving it.

After that we rolled south again and jumped on the Blue Ridge Parkway ~120 miles north of Asheville.....what a road!!! I wish I could have pulled over every 200 yds to take photos. Blasting WOT in 3rd gear through the tunnels woke my fiance up every single time lol......what a sound!

so apparently my car is lower than I thought......

new intercooler setup showing itself.....worked amazingly well the whole trip, IAT's were lowwww

At the Hilton parking garage where we had all of our driver meetings before any event or drive

Lined up ready to enter the Biltmore estate!!! I was very excited to be back here. My family brought me here when I was ~10 or so and the experience stuck with me. Veronica was amazed at this place too.

I will keep editing and get more up tomorrow hopefully

Snagged these photos today, pretty sure at least one of these will be framed in the garage. Pretty happy about having a few photos of the car in action!

Tucking the rear outside tire hard on the turns

and again

I like this shot too