Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicer View Post
I completely agree.

Having basic features like this only available on the "professional" package is going to prevent people from buying the BT all together. It's not like $300 for a cable is cheap. It's limited to 3 VINs on the enthusiasts version. I thought the main difference would be the limited VINs so a bunch of people don't share one tool. Business tactic like this will only encourage people to buy one of the copy cat tools that will undoubtedly become available soon.
$300 is nothing for just code clearing. Get three buddys and put in $100 bucks a piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
I know Just updated the software and will plug it in later today to see whats up. I am just going to set it to 280 km/hr (that last thing on my speedo)

Have you actually done it?? I don't see myself actually verifying it worked for a while as I have no where to get over 250km/hr in a safe way

Mike
Mine speed limiter has been removed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwahlert View Post
Guys/gals - we are all driving pretty damn expensive cars - is several hundred dollars for a tool really that bad? Any DIY'er should be comfortable spending money on tools. Sure its pricey but imagine the development time invested into this product. FYI - you can purchase the "Pro" cable without the accessories for a little bit less - but you have to ask for it.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
Flashes are already being developed using the cable. If they turn on and off things like speed de-limiter, then why would we pay for the flash and the pro version? They will annoy people into not buying the tool. If they allow the enthusiast to change some of these simple features like:

Speed Delimiter
O2 Sensors
Exhaust Flap
Headlight CEL

Then think about the people that will buy it. We are not looking for full coding, just some simple things that you can check on or off.
The problem is, where do you draw the line? That stuff takes time to develop. You can't simply check on/off.

Heck, I want a I/C that will guarantee AIT temp drops under the conditions I run. I still haven't found any takers.