Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLF View Post
Yea i realize that. that is why i created this thread to check for my car what is the most HP i should be aiming for.
That depends on may factors, like daily drivability, reliability, cash, cash, cash, and how much cash you want to spend to keep it running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
because is unpredictable. should be used to just cool the charge , not as fuel or octane enhancer. octane has to be provided by the injectors.

i have seen and popped an engine myself because of meth injection.

With stage 2 turbos and 93 octane with cobb you can get around 420-430 whp max. Add meth and you can get 50 whp more but than your tranny gonna start taking hits and if something goes wrong you will pop a piston .

Get an MT tranny or get an M3 and add a compressor.
I agree with Enrita for the most part. I view your options as:

1)Get a tune and FBO and experience around 380-390whp first. This might be plenty. I know just a tune + dp's makes a huge difference for me.

2) Go stage 2 with FBO (think 430-450whp), closer to 500whp with meth (if you want to go that route). Keep in mind that stage 2 turbos (Vargas/RBs) also have a MUCH better hp/torque curve than the little stock turbos. This is as big a jump as the actual peak power increase is. You should probably tighten up the suspension and get a LSD/rear lock down kit to eliminate wheel hop and put the power down better at this power level.

3) Go Vargas Stage 3 or the Vishnu kit (500-700whp), which would also mean you would need suspension, bushings, wheel hop lock down kit, LSD, tranny upgrade (torque converter upgrade? i dont know automatics very well), half-shafts, possibly a driveshaft, new SMFW, and a slew of other things

4) Buy an M3, and add a compressor if you have the $

Last edited by Eric335; 04-21-2013 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0