QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roli View Post
I thought I was buying a great car, wow was I wrong. I've owned BMWs for years and then bought the 535...I doubt I will ever by a BMW again. Here's why:

- the car drives like a Ford Taurus, big, bulky drive that doesn't seem in touch with my former BMWs

- when the motor is cold it 'chugs' along sheepishly

- the turning radius is horrid. In your average parking garage i have to do five back and forths to get out of a space

- the electronics are not reliable--the bluetooth will work, but then the reverse/distance control beeper will not--I've already hit things 3 times, total cost: $600.

--the "convenience" package is really bad. I generally have to yank on the door handle 3 times before the automatic door unlock will work. Frustrating everytime you go to your car. I tried the Audi--and it's completely different.

Anyway, the list is endless. I hate driving the car. If I have to run to the store, etc, I take my wife's E-class Mercedes. Yes, can you believe it?!?! A Mercedes is nicer to drive than a BMW. I never thought I'd say that until I got my car.

I've had it a year. It's got 5K miles on it and I'm very very tempted to sell it, take a $20K hit, because the car is SO bad. However, it does look good.

I hope this helps someone avoid the mistake I did.
No park distance control on any car ive owned in the last 17 years never backed into anything.. You still have mirrors? I get it you dont like the car but why keep it?
Really sounds like you bought this car without doing your homework / test drive and compare to other comparable cars.. No other way to explain some of your complaints..

My dealer has helped me with any minor or major issues if your car is new and you have valid electronics issues show to dealer they should fix them.

All the money in the world cant fix common sense when car buying...
Appreciate 0