DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER
Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
I had every iPhone from day 1 and just got an S3 two weeks ago. Never used an Android phone before, so hopefully my advice isn't biased. I still have my macbook, ipad, and other apple products but I feel the S3 is a better phone.

Here's what the iPhone 5 doesn't have:

Display Size - 4 vs 4.8 is a huge difference
NFC - I use smart tags multiple times a day
Motion Controls - put phone up to your head while texting to call that contact, flip phone over to mute calls, smart stay, etc
LED indicator - for notifications without unlocking the phone
Expandable Memory - Micro SD up to 64 gigs, don't have to pay Apple crazy money for more memory
USB - much easier to "sync". No iTunes BS, just drag and drop like a flash drive
Larger removable battery
Haptic feedback
iOS vs ICS - too much to talk about here

And that's really just touching the surface. I don't have time to get too far into it.

I have been using iPhones for the last 5 years. ios is great for what it is, and so is the iPhone, it just feels stale. Maybe if Apple gives ios6 a facelift I'll come back after a year or two with my GS3. Right now though, I feel the GS3 with ICS is far better.
Bold items are the only things i wish were different about the iPhone. Especially the LED notification!

Motion control thing sounds cool, but until i used it i would be apprehensive, seems like it may end up doing things i wouldn't want it to by mistake. Hows it work for you?
I know the 4 & 4s you can change your settings and the camera LED will flash for notifications.

The 4s is my first iPhone. I've had several blackberrys, Nokia's, and numerous android based phones and I've always had issues with them.
Every now and then I power off and reboot my iPhone but that's it. Never any major issues and I use the heck out of it! The new iPhone isn't much of an improvement to me to justify upgrading yet.
Appreciate 0