View Single Post
      11-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #124
inrev`
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 335i m sport

Just finished the fluid change (39,9xx mi). Like some, I was able to squeeze under the car and complete the job. That bolt was on tight; definitely felt like I almost stripped the bolt when it finally got loose.

Changed out the oem fluid with Motul Gear 300. I was able to get a little more than 1L out. I felt like the hardest part was playing with the tubing to suck all of it out. Pumping the fluid in was easy enough.

The initial drive and turns felt oddly smooth (I didnt think I would actually notice anything). I'll give an update after a week or two of more driving.

FYI - Not like this is a UOA, but the color of the oem fluid was honey brown (on the darker side).

**Update** Car feels ever so slightly smoother. We will see how much a trans fluid change affects the car. In other news, the oem fluid finally settled in the crystal gyser bottle I put it in.

The fluid appears to be 3 part. At the top, regular translucent oil (brown in color). In the middle, the fluid appears as a opaque milkshake with a honey brown tinge. Lastly, at the bottom, there looks to be some sediment. The color is whiteish green (looks like mold + wet paper).

Last edited by inrev`; 12-10-2014 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0