05-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #67
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
That sounds great. I had a 420 as a loaner, i like the looks. Only thing i didnt like was the steering! Its way too light.

Anyways i made it to Murcia, Spain last night. I switched to the Eco map for the first time (roughly 350bhp). I could definitely feel the power drop, didn't feel as crazy on WOT! But my god i love this car. I think i have fallen in love with it again. It did miles like they were nothing and never skipped a beat. It's got power, handling, economy, comfort, badass looks and a great aftermarket audio system. Can't think of any other car i would rather have. Mods were all worth it just for this trip!

It was a joy doing 85mph on open motorways with no traffic, and getting 40mpg back! For a constant 85mph, up hilly terrain too, 40mpg was unbelievable. Before the upgrade i could get 47mpg but that was driving at 70mph.

The amount of flies on the front bumper is sickening! I brought my cleaning supplies with me so looking forward to cleaning it in the evening.
Impressive fuel figures Mo. A real complete package I'd say economy, power, efficiency along with effortless execution