06-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #84
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Thanks Raj.

Well ever since i had the higher power the rear has felt worse than before. I think the rear springs were probably just about ok for stock power (even though some people say they are too soft), but now i can definitely feel it. It squats on acceleration, and when cornering hard you can feel the rear playing a sort of catch up. On straight line hard acceleration the car goes to the left.

Hard to tell if its the springs or subframe bushes or even something else, so i'm just doing both as it's something which could help. Not too worried about the ride getting worse as that should be the job of the springs/dampers.

Hopefully things will improve. If the car still has the sympton of going to the left then i will try a diff lockdown kit, which isnt that expensive IIRC.
Interesting and understandable then from what you've said. However can you not dial the dampers in to reduce the squatting you get from acceleration etc? Would have thought Ohlins would have set the spring rates to work well with the dampers throughout the dampers adjustment range. Just a thought to try it before fitting he springs.
The shifting to the left could possibly be alignment too. The slightest difference from each side could have the effect you mention. Again worth a check.

Look forward to the installs.