04-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #147
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I really don't see how they can repair the actuator arm since the arm is welded to the actual wastegate rod that rotates the wastegate.
The arm is welded to the rod (first pic) and the wastegate is pressure fit to the rod on the inside of the turbo (second pic yellow arrow).
Check out the pics.
The yellow arrow is indicating a spot that I thought might have been adjustible, but there is nothing to adjust.

This is why I'm thinking that the only fix would be getting a complete new turbo.
Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm going to wait for more and more people having this problem so I can make sure that I know exactly what's going to happen, and I will be assured that the problem will be fixed in a timely manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYN335xi View Post
We have the exact same problem, that's why I inserted the cross link to the new "fix" thread. The fix according to the repair sheet my SA showed me this morning is replacement of both front and rear wastegate actuators and actuator arm assemblies.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think so. I'll post the outcome of this fix when I get the car back. I hope they got it right.
Attached Images

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0