View Single Post
      08-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
zippy_2005
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Glowplug99

My dealer quoted me £620 or thereabouts, but in the end after speaking in great lengths to BMW UK's customer service manager and my service manager at my local dealer and them both making contributions, I ended up paying £200 to have the job done.

To be fair it is a big job as the rear diff has to be removed before the fuel tank can be taken out to get to the breather pipe, but that is no excuse for a poor design.

I spoke with the guy at VOSA who is dealing with my defect form last week (he is on holiday this week) and he said BMW has said it is not a safety defect and they have sent him a load of statistics saying so many cars sold, this many problems etc... but I need to call him next week to see exactly what BMW have said and what VOSA thinks before anything else can happen. So I will post more next week after I have another chat with VOSA.

I did mention of you and how you had replied on this forum but he said that no one else had contacted him/VOSA, but you have now so please fill in the defect report and email it back to VOSA. If you need help, let me know.

How old is your car?

Oh and make sure you keep the pipe the dealer removes as evidence.
Appreciate 0