View Single Post
      03-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I think there is a lot of naivety on this forum. In general, one cannot usually buy at the lowest, sell at the highest. Usually things happen in-between. Granted, one doesn't usually happen to make a deal just before the situation does a 180 towards the favorable, either.

Don't get me wrong, I know what it feels like to play the coulda shoulda woulda. I daytraded BlackBerry stock in early Oct., and patted myself on the back for making 5/share in a matter of hours. Got out at 103, only to see it go to 133 by the end of Nov. I didn't need that 6 grand, now did I? Of course I could have used it. But I know I should never have been tracking it daily after my position closed at 103. I made money, period, end of story, walk away.

Those of you who got 4.9%, did you think it was a good deal when you got it? Of course you did. What is it to you if someone else buys a car the next day for 3.9%? You were satisfied yesterday, or you wouldn't have driven your car home. That one day may have cost you $11/mo. and $700 assuming you borrowed 25k for 5 years, but that's life.

It took me a long time to realize that I can't buy a stock today at yesterday's price. 3.9% is an incentive, it's not a readily obtainable interest rate to finance a vehicle over 60 mos.
Appreciate 0