Thread: 330xi or i?
View Single Post
      02-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #46
ver.e90
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

To answer a few of your questions, I live 45 min. north of Manhattan, so I do get a few days in the winter where it can get hairy. I drive 25 miles north everyday for work, so public transportation isn't an option. I was thinking maybe I can drive my wife's FWD Lexus on the days when it may become nasty. I'm just looking for a really good reason to get the i over the xi. I've read in this forum how the performance of the i vs xi is night and day. So, being that I have been driving around in an xi for 3 years (and appreciated having it those snowy/icy days), I want to drive a car thats a little more fun to drive. If you xi owners are telling me that the new x-drive technology is better than that of the AWD system, then I'll probably get the xi.

BTW, I'm pretty good about avoiding potholes, but as you northeast dwellers are aware of, potholes are pretty much like the plague during the winter months. Do the 18" wheels bend quite easily when driving through an impressive pothole?

For the i owners with 18" wheels and performance tires, do you all change your wheels/tires because of poor traction(even in dry, yet cold conditions)? Yes, I can get the extra set of wheels, but I don't want to have to switch wheels every year (I'm lazy like that, I guess)

Thanks for all of your opinions! Its like 6pm and I'm checking to see if people would actually reply to my redundant post. I was quite surprised, to say the least. You guys are the best! Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0