Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlav3 View Post
Hey AWD Addict
I am looking to go the same route - Eibach/Bilstein sport (or Eibach/Koni Yellow). What are your longer term thoughts? I commute into Boston every day, with an '09 335i xDrive. Don't want to drop too much (H&R seems much lower and stiffer) but have heard good things about Bilsteins from other friends (non BMW cars, though). Any input would be appreciated. Also, did you DIY, if not, where did you go?
I had it installed at Eastside Performance in Waltham. This is probably the highest level of performance mod work I'd give them, as they do a lot of more cosmetic related work (HIDs, wheels and tires, exhaust, tints, decals etc.) The price is right though, and Lorenzo is a super guy.

My review holds water still. The ride is stiffer, flatter and the stance is perfect. Braking performance is substantially improved. The car finally looks like the sports car it should look like, but doesn't have the dumped, civic with cut-springs look that doesn't belong on a BMW (imo).

With 19's, you'll get a lot better at avoiding sunken manholes and potholes on your typical routes. But as a daily driver into the city, and constant driving around the city and burbs for work, I have no regrets.

Personally, I'd stay away from the H&Rs. I found that ride quite a bit less forgiving, and the stance was too low (rears were tucked, which i think cheapens the look of this vehicle).
Appreciate 0