02-18-2006, 02:41 AM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Steptronic Owners: Share your kick-down experience

Ok, so recently i've been driving my car like mad. Just to see how well it does.

One thing I noticed, and wish it wasn't true.

**Kickdown(for those of you who is not familiar with this term, this is when you are stepping on the gas pedal all the way down suddenly, without touching the gear lever, letting the transmission downshift to lowest possible gear)

-I find it takes awful long time for the tranny to shift to lowest gear possible. It takes almost full 2~3 seconds for the tranny to realize that the driver wants wide-open-throttle(wot) condition. My damn 2002 honda accord v6 4spd automatic used to take kickdowns much better than this 6spd steptronic. Maybe because of rev-matching downshifts? or just plain slow response?

I know its better to just shift manually to lowest possible gear, but there are times when you are so damn lazy, you just want to floor it and let the car do all the work.

Steptronic officially gets B- score from me. It went down from A+ to B+ when I found so much lag between manual shifts(ex. M1 to M2), you have to shift about 500~700rpm before the actual shift point you want to make.

Sigh, I want SMG. Who feels the same way?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0