06-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
IMO - in the future, remain more calm and logical and you will be more persuasive. Frankly, now it is a lost cause with this SA and this dealership, but I think if you approached it a little differently with the guy, you would have gotten the software update you want.

Go to another dealership, mention the missing pop-up arrow, and explain that you looked it up online and found the service bulletin. If they say no, calmly express how you are puzzled that they would not update the software to fix the issue under warranty, since you clearly have the problem, they can reproduce it, and the service bulletin seems to indicate they can and will fix it. Tell the SA that you understand that if they can't, they can't, but it just doesn't seem right. Is the service bulletin incorrect? Be nice, and ask to speak to a manager to confirm. They'll do it.

Be nice, be civil, don't take things personally and don't get emotional. I don't think you will have an argument at another dealer because there clearly is a SIB on this and it clearly says the dealer will update the software under warranty.