03-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #39
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
In the future, try to be less confrontational. Now to bring you up to speed with what I currently think:

The ABSOLUTE best trans fluid for the high torque 6hp19/26 trannys is actually Castrol Transmax Z! Its really the only trans fluid that I have confirmed to be synthetic based (MSDS), and if you do a search, for it, you'll find It is approved for Long drain intervals in buss transmissions TE ML 11B/14C. I'm having a hard time getting a hold of it, because it is made in new zealand/australia. This will basically be my next fill, its either this or Royal purple ATF. That's the only other transfluid I've found with close enough specs to TE ML 11B thats synthetic based (MSDS).

will you also concede defeat on BMW LL04 oils in petrol engines, or is that hoping for too much?
I'm not trying to be confrotational, just suspicous.

As for LL04 oils until BMW says they're ok to use in gasser BMW's I won't change my position. Now, if a oil manufacturer can provide a LL04 oil which has the same level of additives as a LL01 oil to handle the additional acids from using gas with 10 % ethanol I'm ok with that. The literature is old on LL04, but BMW only recommends LL04 oils for gasser cars in about 4 european countries. I haven't read anything from them which updates that position. Do the new 5/7 series owners use LL04 or still LL01?

As for Castrol Transmax Z ATF. Does it have the same viscosity and friction modifiers as LG6? Now you dropped Pento ATF1 in @ 40k miles so if I'm correct you have another 20-30k miles to go before another change. I'd bet the Castrol product will eventually show up in the US by then.
Appreciate 0