View Single Post
      01-10-2008, 11:32 PM   #22
robbie380
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
There's no crap about it. All you need is a 1k ohm resistor and a 330 ohm resistor. Join them in series. Hook the 1k ohm end to a signal ground (pin 34 in the black subconnector (in the large ECU connector). Hook the 330ohm end to TMAPin. Connect TMAPout to the point where the 1k and 330k ohm resistor join. This is called a voltage divider. Fully passive and costs less than 1 dollar to make. Maybe another $10 if you want to use BMW pins to avoid any cutting or splicing.

You can raise or lower boost by changing the 330ohm resistor. Lower values will drop boost. Higher values will raise boost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bypass one solenoid when doing so.

Not the ideal tune by any means but it will put down just as much power, on pump gas, as the other non-microcontroller based products out there. For less than the price of a Bic Mac.

Shiv

cool...can i get it in less than 3 months?

anyhow on a serious note....

if i have a friend who is getting a program than can reprogram the ecu (don't remember what it is called but it does land rovers, porches, and bmws) am i better off with him since there is no piggyback? he used to do performance bmw work and he was the one who recommended vishnu and installed the procede.
Appreciate 0