Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulrog View Post
i appreciate all the feedback but would it be possible for someone to actually test and answer the specific question i had

1. Just sitting still and the shifter is in D, tap the paddle and M1 or M2 shows.. how long does it exactly take in seconds until it switches automatically back into D.

2. What happens with the baseplate where P, R, N, D, DS is displayed by the shifter. For the LEDs, does DS only, D only or do both D and DS light up during the procedure from 1?
I already answered them, but the short version is there is NO specific time frame -- it completely depends on how you're driving. IF you're driving nice, it'll go back faster then if you're driving aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
If I'm on the highway in just "D" & just click downshift, it goes M5. If I just cruise around & don't hammer it, it'll switch back after 10-20 seconds (completely depends on driving behavior)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Same idea. If you drive more aggressively, it'll hold the Mx longer. If you ease off the stop, then it'll go back to D after it shifts into the next gear.

When it's in DS, only the DS is illuminated. When it's in D, only D is illuminated
Appreciate 0